Friday, August 12, 2011

"we havent located us yet"


It’s been a few days since my last entry and I blame that on the fact that there’s not internet we can leach off of until we get it in our place. I think that Cory and I are settling nicely into city life. The sounds of the city are incredibly different than the sounds of the desert. Also, the people are different too… but I think different in a good way. Everyone is friendly and excited to discuss our recent move as well as our bad decision on coming to Rhode Island. Ha ha… many Rhode Islanders say that this state is in a load of trouble… okay so it’s the 3rd highest in unemployment in the country, and the politicians are mostly corrupt, and I saw a murder victim on the street a few blocks away from where I live, and when there is any natural catastrophe the size is always compared to Rhode Island (oh, the fire is as big as the state of Rhode Island). So what… we’re enjoying ourselves thus far. I had a job interview on Wednesday at an oral surgeon’s office. I hope I get it. My nerves may have gotten the better of me but I’m not sure. I think I will find out on Wednesday when the business manager is back in the office. I guess when you’re looking for a job it’s like a game of waiting. I hate it… but hopefully something comes along soon. I want a career… is that so much to ask?

Since Cory has to go away at some point for basic training I have officially decided that I will get a gun. We went to a gun store yesterday and I think I know what I’m going to get. It will be a revolver of some sort that I can just point and shoot in case someone decides to break in at 3 in the morning. Additionally, we are going to get a dog too. Not sure on the breed but pretty sure we will get something from the local SPCA. I’d rather rescue a dog than purchase one.

Last night we went out on the town and found a pretty cool bar. It’s called The English Cellar… there were lots of young people and it seemed to be the happening area. Afterwards we walked all over and there were so many people out that it was unbelievable… I can’t imagine how much more crazy it will get once school is back in session.

I’m reading Tina Fey’s “Bossypants” and let me tell you… that woman is freaking hilarious. At one point Cory looked over and asked why I was crying. I was laughing so hard that I wasn’t making any noise… just crying. I highly recommend it.

We seriously need to join a gym… this lack of exercise is making me feel like a lard ass and now I’m regularly taking naps each day. Cory even asked me today if I wanted to nap before we go out because he doesn’t want me to get grouchy. Ha ha ha ha… case in point… Sam needs to work out.

Tonight we are going to go downtown by the river where apparently they have a fire show on the water. It’s supposedly spectacular so I will be taking pics and uploading them to the blog.

Okay I’m going to go back to reading… peace out from the East Side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment