Monday, August 1, 2011

Day Seven and Eight

Alright I apologize for not being able to post until now. Sometimes getting WiFi along the way is difficult to obtain.

Jackson, MN to Chicago, IL... 483 miles...

We stayed at The Allerton which is far too expensive, however, I felt that we deserved a fancy place. We pulled into the parking garage and had to unload our luggage so that the valet could drive the car up to a parking spot. The car reeked with humid sweat and I felt so bad giving the valet keys to the car. The concierge took our "luggage" and told us to go check in. Anyhow, we get to the front desk and I am immediately referred to as Miss Peck. Ha ha ha ha ha... so weird. Our room wasn't quite ready yet so they gave us two rounds of martinis while we waiting. I'm pretty sure that we smelled awful because people kept looking at us when we'd get near them and then they would get up and run away as quickly as possible. When our room was ready we went up and walked in. The phone to the room starts ringing and the concierge says, "Hi Miss Peck I just wanted to make sure it's okay to bring your luggage up" and I said, "Uh, sure".  As soon as I hung up Cory and I just looked at each other and started cracking up. So here's a picture of our "luggage"...


The lingering question was, "how the hell much am I supposed to tip?" I gave him $8... too much not enough? I'll never know. 


Here is what it looks like driving into Chicago. The traffic was insane... I am pretty sure I saw two people get bumped by moving vehicles when they were crossing the street... complete pandemonium.


We bought some fake teeth in a gum ball machine... 


Crossing over the Mighty Mississippi... I was unable to get a pic of the "welcome to Wisconsin" sign which turned out not to be surprising as that state sucks and so did the location of their welcome sign. I've never seen worse driving in my entire life and I think every other car had a boat it was towing...


Some random farm in WI... maybe it was a cheese farm... 



Hormel Chili factory!


Entering Illinois...


First toll road of many...



Glam shots in the fancy elevator


Crossing the bridge in Chicago...


Friends in Chicago...


At the nights end in Chicago...

I have loads more to say but we just found out we can't cross into Canada since we have a gun... ugh! Okay talk to you soon... will have more pics soon!!!

Chicago, IL to Port Huron, MI.... 340 miles... peace out!











No comments:

Post a Comment