Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fourth Day

Boise, ID to Rock Springs, WY... 482 miles...

Questions I have for the day:
1. Did Kellan Moore get drafted to the NFL?
2. Why don't they have random water parks on the side of the interstate?
3. Why don't they sell alcohol at Walmart in Wyoming?
4. Where is my razor?
5. Is there a healthy snack that is just as tasty and delicious as Cheez-Its?

What I learned for the day:
1. I'm still not a BSU fan and Kellan Moore has weird buck teeth that are unnaturally white.
2. Cory spotted a random water park that didn't look open and it made me think that was a brilliant idea... charge $5 a slide so peeps can pull over real quick and take a ride on the wild side.
3. Coors Light tastes the same everywhere.
4. I have no idea where my razor is so maybe I should take pictures of my armpits each day to record the growth. (I wish the hair on my head grew that fast.)
5. You need to bring your own linens and towels to KOA... however, they are pretty rockin places to stay... and their internet is way better than super 8.
6. I still love Cory.
7. The smell of dead animal lurking somewhere in the field nearby might just be the worst most rancid smell in the world... so I take back my earlier post on FB that said rotting potatoes are the worst smell in the world.
8. Wyoming might just be one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

Okay here's some pics and then a word from Cory!

Nothing says, "I'm a 'real man [going through a mid-life crisis]' like a motorcycle with a personal trunk and windshield..."


Mountains outside of SLC


Check out our scenery! 


Again... beautiful





Mind the truck butt... they are EVERYWHERE!



There will be more pictures to come. It seems the internet has slowed and it's taking a while to upload pics. I'm guess everyone is on the same internet signal and checking their facebook. Anyhow, there are quite a few more pics to share which I will post in the early AM...

dances with terminator wolves

i awoke from my slumber---the screeching of children in a playground nearby.  it takes a second for my sense of location to locate myself, the lack of mountains in this region has diminished my ability to gauge direction.  flakes of peeled red varnish from the weathered picnic table stick to my face where my head had rest against it.  the word "fate" cut deep into the surface below my hand, a thought i had inflicted not long ago.  a gerber knife with my name engraved stands erect, stabbed into the plank an arm's length away.  my attention returns to the children playing...naive and cautious of one another.  two boys adorn ranch hats, flannel and miniature boots, the others' t's and shorts.  

"we can't lasso people anymore," yells one of the boys in a hat.  the other less formal looking kids run through the gravel park seeking refuge in the play house---two worlds existing simultaneously, one growing rapidly while one diminishes.  what does it all mean?...the machine will never stop, is the terminator really a great father?  this world i observe is shifting, gusts of wind wave distant flags, black and blue skies push over the rolling dry hills.  the landscape is unfamiliar, a feeling of forgetfulness surrounds me as though i left some thing behind...strangely my bug-ridden car tells me everything i have is right here.  the gusts are gusting stronger, whispering 
"where have the tatonka gone."  tatonka...ta-ton-ka


Oh look the internet works now!!!




First thing we saw in Wyoming...


This picture doesn't do it justice... 




The last of the Buckbean and the first homestead!











No comments:

Post a Comment