Friday, July 29, 2011

Day Six


Sorry I forgot to post the updated map yesterday...

Devil's Tower, WY to Jackson, MN... 583 miles... 

First I'm going to start with some pictures from yesterday that we took after I posted the blog...



The mountain made me do it...


Bug City



... while watching "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"my legs got eaten by mosquitos. Even though I wore long pants, shoes, long sleeve shirt and bug spray I still ended up with 4 welts on my legs. I'm convinced they bit through my pants. 

Okay... here's a riddle for you all... what sounds like rain and looks like snow when you're driving at night?

Answer: Swarms and swarms of bugs in Minnesota...


Today was a good day... we woke up early and drove to Deadwood, Crazy Horse, and Mt. Rushmore. I'm not gonna lie... I was kind of let down by Crazy Horse. $10/person and you have to pay extra to take a bus tour up to the actual sight. Oh well... it was still rather large and mostly unfinished. Mt. Rushmore was much smaller than we anticipated. I think it's because all the pictures we've seen of it only show the faces they don't show the surround mountain... but it was still be cool. Deadwood was interesting... more or less a highly commercialized Virginia City. We lost $40. Oh well... We finally got on the road at 1pm and forgot about the time change. Didn't pull into our motel until 11:15pm. All of the KOAs from here to eternity are booked up right now which is a bummer but it's nice to have our own room with a bed that doesn't creak every time you move and I don't have to take a shower with flip flops. 


So fresh and so clean clean... note the large nest built behind.. 


Poor camera shot... I blame Cory 



On the main street in Deadwood


Unbeknownst to us we walked into Kevin Costner's restaurant in Deadwood and ate there. Food was good... Irish coffee was bad...


The picture says it all...


I look like I have rabbit teeth in this picture... oh and that's Crazy Horse Memorial behind me


This is supposedly what it will look like when it's done


No comment


Attempting to look like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson... I don't think Jefferson's eyes are closed though...



Saluting the leaders of this great nation of ours


This is what we smelled all throughout SD and MN... the midwest is full of pungent animal ass stench


Around 6pm and our skin is glistening from humidity


Cute...


Ha ha ha okay so it's out of focus and hard to see but it's the best I could do with what I had...

Well it's 12:30 here and I'm tired. Cory is falling asleep next to me. He was watching me blog and correcting my typos so from here on out if you can't make sense of anything it's because he isn't watching. Anyhow, it's weird being this far from home. My mom called and it's so comforting to hear her voice... it makes me feel like everything is okay. I can't really describe what I'm feeling... mostly excitement... I can't wait to start our lives somewhere new... things are so different even where we are now. People are incredibly nice everywhere we go! I've never met more polite people. Some guy said "howdy" to Cory as he was walking past him. Very weird but I like it... 

I'm excited to get our new place because eating on the road is getting old... not to mention it's making me feel like I'm packing on the pounds... ha ha ha ha ha... oh well... anyhow, I miss everyone! Hope you're enjoying the blog! Peace out from Minnesota!
























No comments:

Post a Comment